Our vacancies are advertised on our school website, eTeach and Facebook.
Pre-school Senior Administrator
Greenfield Pre-School is a popular preschool based in Countesthorpe on the Greenfield Primary School site. We have a fabulous new building, constructed in 2017 and purpose built. We have three large rooms, one for our nursery children (two years old), one for our pre-schoolers (three to four year olds) and a further shared story and play space. With a choice of three garden areas and play spaces, our children have great opportunities for both indoor and outdoor play and learning and we are proud of the wonderful learning environment we have created. We have a Good Ofsted rating and a committed and talented team who share the goals of wanting to give every child the best possible start in life.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Administrator to join our team and work in our pre-school office. This is a permanent position and the successful candidate will have experience of working in an administrative role and should have excellent communication and organisational skills. It is important that you have a warm, caring, and professional manner, as you will be dealing face to face with parents, carers and pupils on a daily basis.
Please note as part of the role, the administrator arranges supply staff to cover sickness absence. This can be unexpected and usually notified before the pre-school opens, therefore the successful candidate may need to respond to calls and contact supply agencies out of hours, to ensure the pre-school is fully staffed for the day.
Hours of work:
- 27.5 hours per week during term time – 8.30am – 2.30pm Monday to Friday with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break
- 72 hours to be worked during the school holidays to be worked Mon / Weds / Fri – 9.30am – 12.30pm – 9 hours per week for 8 weeks of the school holidays (Summer, October, February, Easter and May)
Pay - LCC Grade 7, pay point 11-14 (£16,369 - £17,213 actual) dependent on experience
We are looking for individual(s) with:
- Experience working in a busy office environment
- Who is flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the preschool
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material
- In possession of grade 4/5 or A-C in Maths and English in GCSE or equivalent
- Accurate and has attention to detail to complete LA returns to deadlines
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
- Knowledge of LA procedures/policies, FEEE and government funding scheme is desirable
- Knowledge of pre-school and school systems – Eyman, SIMS, FMS and Parentmail is desirable
- Confident with the use of Microsoft Office with excellent IT skills
We can offer:
- A competitive salary
- Being part of an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school with an excellent reputation
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Breakfast and After School Club
- Training and career development opportunities, in house and external
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- Access to a range of local and national discounts on shopping, eating out, bus travel, health clubs and much more
For more information please see the job description.
Please submit your application and include in your supporting statement why you think you should be considered for this post.
Application closing date: Thursday 18th January 2024 @ 9.00am
Interview date: w/c 22nd January 2024
Start Date: ASAP
Visits to the pre-school are encouraged. If you wish to find out more about the role before applying, please contact Mrs Gordon, Business Manager at the school.
Greenfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. An enhanced DBS check will be required for all posts.