We believe a school uniform is important because it:
- Looks smart
- Wears well
- Contributes to a sense of belonging and community
- Gives a common purpose
- Makes pupils feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Fosters a feeling of pride
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
We ask that children wear the following:
- A white shirt or polo shirt
- Black or grey trousers or skirt, or a green and white summer dress
- A plain green sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
- Flat black shoes
Branded uniform is optional and can be ordered direct from our suppliers Marks and Spencer, Brigade Clothing UK and School Trends. Please allow 14 days for delivery and 21 days in peak time during the summer months.The following items can be ordered from our suppliers with the school logo:
- Green sweatshirts
- Green Cardigans
- Fleece jackets
- Waterproof coats
- White polo shirts
Uniform can be delivered direct to home or to the school.
Bookbags are kept in stock at the school.
There is a very small stock of uniform at school for immediate need and if you wish your child to try on garments for sizing.
For PE children will need black shorts and trainers, joggers and a sweatshirt in the winter. Each child is given their first house t-shirt when they join the school after which they can be purchased from the school as your child grows. We place siblings in the same house so t-shirts can be passed down.
We would be grateful if you could ensure that your child does not wear the following:
- Sports shirts (for example football or rugby tops)
- Shoes with heels
- Trainers or “heelies”
- Jewellery (except for plain studs or jewellery with religious significance). Please note earrings must be removed for PE and swimming
- Flip-flops, beach shoes or mules
- Hair extensions and hair should not be dyed. Hair accessories, such as slides, ribbons, bobbles, etc., should be simple and, if possible, in school colours
- Make up
For children who come to school who are not appropriately dressed, or wearing clothing/items that we feel are a health and safety risk, parents may be asked to come and collect them and return them in more suitable clothing.
If you have any questions regarding school uniform please ask at the school office.