Early Years Assistant/Practitioner - Greenfield Pre-School
We are looking to recruit a professional, enthusiastic and caring person to join our established team in our pre-school. We provide a welcoming and inspirational learning environment with a committed and talented team who share the goals of wanting to give every child the best possible start in life. We aim for our children to leave pre-school ‘school ready’ and a with a strong base upon which to continue their education journey.
The pre-school is based in a fantastic new purpose built unit next to the Reception base on the main school site. We have a smaller and nurturing nursery room for 2-3 year olds and larger pre-school room for 3-4 year olds.
Hours of work:
We are open from 7.45am to - 6pm, and our shift patterns are:
- 7.45am -3.45pm, 37.5 hours per week
- 10.30am - 6pm, 35 hours per week
- 8.15am - 4.15pm, 37.5 hours per week
All shifts include a 30-minute lunch break and we are open all year round apart from the school Christmas break.
Please state in your application which shift patterns you would like to be considered for or all if flexible.
LCC Grade 5 - 7, pp 7- 14 – salary £9.81 - £11.27 per hour dependant on experience.
We are looking for someone with:
- a relevant qualification such as NVQ level 2 or level 3 in Early Years childcare, or equivalent
- experience of working as part of a team within a pre-school/nursery setting
- a positive, hardworking and "can do" attitude
- sound experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and are able to contribute to planning, observations and reports
- be able to provide a safe, stimulating environment for all children
As an employee you will benefit from:
- A competitive salary
- Being part of an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school with an excellent reputation
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare (Breakfast and After School Club)
- Training and career development opportunities, in house and external
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- Access to a range of local and national discounts on shopping, eating out, bus travel, health clubs and much more
If you would like to apply for the post, please submit the following to the school:
- A completed application form
- A letter of application clearly stating why you think you should be considered for this post
Please see the job profile and description for further information:
The last date for the acceptance of applications is Monday 16th August 2021 at 3.30pm. Interviews will take place that week.
Please note: If you are invited to attend for interview, references will be taken up prior to the interview date. If you do not hear from us, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Greenfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. An enhanced DBS check will be required for all posts.