Early Years Assistant
Our new pre-school opened at Greenfield Primary School in September this year. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and caring L2 qualified early years assistant to join our successful Early Years team.
As an employee you will benefit from:
- A competitive salary
- Being part of an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school with an excellent reputation
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted Breakfast and After School Club
- Training and career development opportunities, in house and external
Hours of work:
- 8.30am to 4pm Monday to Friday (30 mins lunch). You will be required to work circa 50 weeks per year with 24 days’ holiday and statutory bank holidays. The pre-school is open all year round apart from the school Christmas holidays. Part of your holiday allocation must be taken over this break.
Total hours per week - 35.
Contract: 12 month fixed term
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade 5 pp range 9-11 (£8.19 - £8.54 per hour) dependent on experience
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a caring and nurturing nature
- An understanding of the early years curriculum and experience of working with children from the ages of two to five would be an advantage.
- Is energetic and a great team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Is able to embrace change and who works in partnership with the wider staff team for the best possible outcomes for pupils
Please click on the job description below for more information:
If you would like to apply for the post, please submit the following to the school:
A completed application form
A letter of application clearly stating why you think you should be considered for this post to Mr C Bowpitt, Executive Head teacher
The last date for the acceptance of applications is:
Friday 9th February 2018 at 3.30pm
(either by post or email to email@example.com)
Please note: Interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 19th February 2018.
If you are invited to attend for interview, references will be taken up prior to the interview date.
Greenfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.