As a Head teacher I have always been principled about learning. I am a learner, I love to learn and I am delighted to lead a school and staff team which is happy to explore new ideas and to continually develop our practice.
Greenfield Primary School is a creative school because I believe that learning happens when children have to think hard. I ensure that within our curriculum there is time and space in which they can be creative. Learning and achievement are recognised in the widest possible sense and our pupils have all kinds of talents and skills, personal goals and interests and these all have value. Our curriculum is exciting and one which seeks to develop character, creativity and aspirations, helping every child to achieve their best based on high quality teaching and good pupil-teacher relationships. We include pastoral care and have a strong individualised SEND provision ensuring all pupils’ needs are met. My challenge continues to be to help my teaching staff to design opportunities for pupils to build on their knowledge in creative ways at an appropriate point where their knowledge is deep enough for this to be a meaningful process with some rigour and substance.
A variety of teaching approaches are used at Greenfield and we continually use research to evaluate and contextualise our learning approaches. I do consider that homework is a vital element in the learning process and aim for homework to help pupils to learn to become independent learners. I also believe it reinforces the interaction between teacher and pupils, between home and school.
Throughout their time at Greenfield, I want our pupils to be compassionate, considerate and kind and always looking out for those who haven’t been give the same opportunities in life. This is part of our character education where children can also develop the character traits of resilience, kindliness and tolerance. At Greenfield we respect one another, ourselves and our environment; we strive to treat everyone equally. We champion diverse voices and different ideas. We are kind and we show empathy for others. We show resilience when it is needed. We reflect on our wellbeing so that we may all be healthy and happy. We act with integrity - our actions are our values. We aim to live our values, every day.
Our ethos and values
Starting school is a life changing time for children and here at Greenfield, we will strive to do our best to make your child’s time here inspiring and memorable. We are a committed and talented staff who share the goals of wanting to give your child the best possible start in life.
To inspire with the joy of lifelong learning.
Our aims for children
We promote high achievement by working with children to:
- Be happy, highly motivated lifelong learners
- Achieve their very best in all areas of the curriculum
- Develop enquiring minds, creativity and a spirit of curiosity
- Develop self-confidence, self-esteem, self-reliance and self-respect
- Respect themselves, others and the world in which they live
- Be able to work collaboratively and independently
- Extend themselves in mind, body and spirit
- Develop flexibility, adaptability, technological and problem-solving skills required for the modern world
Our mission for the school
We support our aims by:
- Providing a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum which aims to support the needs of all pupils
- Providing a rich programme of extra-curricular activities and visits
- Creating a stimulating, active and well-resourced learning environment
- Working collaboratively towards common goals
- Developing a learning partnership between home, school and the community
- Providing a variety of teaching and learning styles to stimulate all
- Developing a cycle of target setting and review by each child, class and school
- Creating a tolerant, caring, supportive environment which promotes equality and mutual respect, awareness of world events and supports British values
- Offering an ethos of challenge, support and encouragement to succeed
I look forward to meeting and welcoming you into our school and thank you in advance for your support.
Executive Head Teacher