Greenfield Primary School has an obligation under the Equality Act of 2010 as both an employer and a school which carries out a public function and service.
Compliance with the Public Sector Equality Duty is a legal requirement and requires schools to integrate and include consideration of Equality into day to day routines at our school.
The Public Sector Equality Duty 2011 has three aims under the general duty for Schools and Academies:
1. Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act. By removing or minimising disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics.
2. Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not. By taking steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of other people
3. Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not. By encouraging people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is disproportionately low.
Our school has considered how well we currently achieve these aims with regard to the nine protected equality groups: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation
In compiling this equality information, we have:
1. Identified evidence already in the setting of equality within policies and practice and identified gaps.
2. Examined how our setting engages with the protected groups, identifying where practice could be improved.
Please click on the links below for our Equal Opportunities Policy and Accessibility plan: